Saturday, September 29, 2012

100 Scriptures from the Book of Mormon


    • "...It is desirable that our children should learn to memorize important passages; 
      such that will leave a 
strong impression upon their lives; scriptural passages that they 
      will use as their guiding star; 
scriptural passages that will help to form convictions in 
      their minds of right and wrong; scriptural passages 
that will bring conviction to their 
      hearts."

Elder Joseph M. Tanner, April 1901 General Conference







      "I have a vision of thousands of missionaries going into the mission field with hundreds 
      of passages memorized 
from the Book of Mormon so that they might feed the needs of a 
      spiritually famished world."
      
President Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988 General Conference












      Our Favorite Chapters:


      The thought occurred to me:  If we listen to our favorite stories at night before bed,
      pretty soon, we'll have them memorized just because we've listened to them so often!



      1.   3 Nephi 11             Jesus Comes to the Americas

      2.  3 Nephi 17             Jesus and Angels Bless the Children

      3.  Alma 43                 Chief Captain Moroni and Zarahemna

      4.  Alma 32                 Faith like a Seed

      5.  Alma 17–19           Ammon Teaches King Lamoni

      6.  Ether 1–3              The Jaredites and the Boats

      7.  Mosiah 22             Lamanite Guards Made Drunk

      8.  Mosiah 18             Waters of Mormon

      9.  Mosiah 12 & 17    Abinadi's Story

      10.  2 Nephi 31–32    Nephi tells about Christ's Baptism

      11.  1 Nephi 17–18     Nephi Builds a Ship

      12.  1 Nephi 4             Nephi and Laban
















Moroni



Ether 12:6

And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.


Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.





    No comments: